When connecting to the other machine, depending on your settings just about all keyboard actions are transmitted to the remote machine, i.e. pressing Enter, typing, pressing the Windows key, etc. However, that is not the case for some key combinations: so, by default, CTRL+ALT+DEL will only work for the local computer - even in full screen mode.
- CTRL+ALT+END – Display the Task Manager (CTRL+SHIFT+ESC is the local command)
There are a bunch of other keyboard shortcuts you can use in Remote Desktop in non-full screen mode:
- ALT+INS – Cycle through the programs in most recently used order (ALT+TAB is the local command)
- ALT+HOME – Brings up the Start menu on the remote computer
- CTRL+ALT+ (+) Plus/ (-) Minus – Minus takes a snapshot of the active window and plus takes a snapshot of the entire remote desktop window.
- CTRL+ALT+BREAK: Switch the remote computer between a window and a full screen
Post a Comment